This is the privacy notice of Thane Direct UK Ltd (Thane UK). In this document, "we" "our" or "us" refer to Thane Direct UK Ltd.
We are company number 4301636 registered in the United Kingdom.
Our registered office is at Thane Direct UK, 1 Fore Street Avenue, London, EC2Y 9DT.
This notice is to tell you our policy about the information that we record about you. It covers information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that users of our web site may wish to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy complies with UK law and with the laws of all jurisdictions of which we are aware under European Union Law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site and should you wish to do so, contact us for further information clearly outlining your concerns.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, i.e. by telephone or email and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Personal information This includes basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details and also includes all information given to us in the course of your transaction or communication with us, such as information you give us when placing an order on our web site. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose.
This information is used: 1.1. to provide you with the products or services which you request; 1.2. for verifying your identity for security purposes; 1.3. for marketing our products and services; 1.4. information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
We keep information, which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it. 2. Market place information When we obtain information from you, specifically to enable you to buy a product or service offered on our web site by some other person (3rd Party Affiliate or Partner), we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person or entity to provide you with the product or service offered. We will always aim to make you aware that your information will be shared solely for this purpose and will not be used in any other way.
3. Your IP address and e-mail address Your IP Address is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. When you place an order or subscribe to receive information by email we also store your email address. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your IP or e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
3.1. to correspond with you or deal with you as you would expect when providing you with information, products or services; 3.2. your IP address may be used to direct you to the appropriate Thane site for your Country. We also may use your IP address as part of our fraud prevention process; 3.3. in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site; 3.4. to send you news about the products or services to which you have subscribed; 3.5. to tell you about our other products or services or services of sister web sites unless you have opted out from receiving such information.
4. Information you post on our website Information you send to us by posting to a Thane UK website, forum or blog is stored on our servers or on the server of the provider of the service that Thane UK officially holds such as a forum or blog i.e. on Facebook and Twitter. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, however we reserve the right to use any information posted to our site, forum or blog.
6. Information relating to payment on our website This information is never taken by us through our website. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of Chase Paymentech /PayPal or another reputable payment service provider compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations. That page may be dressed in our "livery" i.e. display our Logo, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it.
7. Note on padlock symbols and other trust marks Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove to site visitors that the site is safe. Thane UK is verified as such by GoDaddy.com and GeoTrust whose Logo is displayed on our website. Where a padlock symbol is displayed further information is provided by clicking on the symbol.
8. Financial information relating to your payment cards We only store necessary limited financial information to provide you with a better shopping experience next time you visit us and to prevent fraud. When you place an order, your payment card number is encrypted and converted into a unique tokenised number, however, certain digits of your payment card may be used by us for security purposes to verify your identity during any contact made by either party.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us when you buy. Our SSL certificate encryption level is 256-bit and our payment gateway is 128-bit. Whenever we ask for financial information, you can check that SSL is being used by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser URL bar or toolbar.
We take the following measures to protect your financial information: 8.1. We use a hosted payment gateway provider to process your transaction in accordance with Payment Card Industry regulations ensuring that your payment card details are encrypted and handled compliantly. 8.2. We do not keep all your data for security compliance reasons and so as to prevent the possibility of our duplicating a transaction without a new instruction from you. 8.3. Access to your information is restricted to authorised staff only. 8.4. If we ask you questions about your financial information, we shall show partial detail of the first six or the last four digits of the debit or credit card number, only enough to identify the card to which we refer. 8.5. If you have opted to pay for products or services on an instalment plan and you fail to maintain the payment schedule to settle your account, we reserve the right to share your personal information with a nominated third party to act on our behalf to recover any outstanding monies. We will always make several attempts to contact you to advise you prior to taking any such action. 9. Credit and fraud protection To assist in combating fraud, we may share information with credit and fraud prevention agencies. We employ sophisticated screening software to ensure that we have taken every measure to protect you and us against any attempted fraudulent use of payment cards.
10. Competitions Any competitions conducted by Thane UK will be in accordance with the advertised Terms & Conditions relating to the specific competition. How your personal information may be used will be subject to the Competition Terms & Conditions which you should read before entering or submitting your personal information.
12. Third party content If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it may be justified, we shall remove the content while we investigate. Sometimes we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think, your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
13. Information we obtain from third parties Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you. To manage and opt-out of Google Analytics please click here.
14. Content you provide to us with a view to be used by third party If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information.
15. Calling our Sales or Customer Services phone lines When you call our Sales or Customer Services phone lines, we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our telephone support. We may also record your call for training and monitoring purposes to improve our services. Additionally, we may invite you to record your feedback regarding our services by completing a Customer Satisfaction Survey. We may contact you regarding your feedback unless you have specifically requested that we do not. 16. Sending a written message to us When you send a message via email, SMS or post etc. we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business and to ensure that we protect your personal information in accordance with data protection regulations. 17. Complaints When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
18. Marketing information We will only send marketing information to you with your permission. You can opt not to receive marketing information about our products or services at any time by following the "Update Preferences" link in the footer of any email marketing that we have sent to you or by contacting our Customer Service team.
19. Re-marketing We may use re-marketing from time to time. This involves Google or some other supplier placing a tag or marker in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products / services when you visit some other website. For further information on controlling interest based adverts visit Google Support.
20. Use of site by children We do not market to children, nor do we sell products or services for purchase by children. We may sell products and services for end use by children, but for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
Thane UK Customer Services 1 Fore Street Avenue, London, EC2Y 9DT
24. Data "processed" outside the UK Our web sites are hosted by our parent company in Canada. We also use outsourced services in countries outside the EU from time to time in other aspects of our business. Specifically email communications & system technical support. Our technical support centre is based in Ontario, Canada. Accordingly data obtained within the UK may be "processed" outside the UK and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
First Party Cookies: First party cookies are cookies that are set by the site itself and can only be read by this site. They are commonly used for the functionality of the site (e.g. shopping cart) and for analytical purposes.
PHPSESSID This is a session cookie that is used to store items that you may add to your shopping basket. Once you leave our website the cookie expires.
_utma These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics to help us to improve our website and marketing offers by allowing us to analyse visitor usage to our website. For example: how many new visitors use the site, pages viewed, time spent on the site and if an order was placed. The data stored by these cookies does not contain any confidential information and can only be viewed by specific members of our team and Google. These cookies are valid for up to 2 years.
_utmb _utmc This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. This cookie determines new sessions and visits and expires after 30 minutes. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. Any activity by a user within the 30 minute life span will count as a single visit, even if the user leaves and then returns to the site. A return after 30 minutes will count as a new visit, but a returning visitor.
_utmz This cookie identifies the source of visitors to our website to help us understand where visitors came from when arriving at our site. We use this information to help us market our products and measure the success of our advertising.
Uuid This cookie is placed by an advertising company called MediaMath and is valid for 1 year.
01AI Tracks the frequency of visits to the website and basic information such as browser type, IP address. Valid for up to 1 year.
HRL8 MediaMath Marketing. Valid for up to 28 days.
mt_misc MediaMath Marketing, lasts for up to 28 days.
JSESSIONID Tests if the user browser supports cookies on behalf of Google Inc. Valid 15 minutes.